Eric has been a Senior Software Engineer at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute since November 2009. Prior to joining GMRI, Eric worked for 7 years for the Gulf of Maine Ocean Observing System (GoMOOS) which merged with GMRI in 2009. He has worked for years promoting and implementing Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards for sharing of ocean observations and model data in an interoperable and open way leading to the development of an integrated ocean observing system in the United States and the world (IOOS, GEOSS).
Primary Research Interests
Cyber Infrastructure, Integrated Ocean Observing System, Sensor Web Enablement and Sensor Observation Services, Open Geospatial Consortium standards, Web Mapping.
- B.Sc., Computer Science, School of Engineering, City University of New York
Service to Science and Community
- Chair of the Northeast Regional Association of Coastal Ocean Observing Systems (NERACOOS) Data Management and Communications Team.
- Technical Team lead for the Northeast Coastal and Ocean Data Partnership (NeCODP)
- Software Engineer for the OOSTethys SOS project developing toolkits enabling easy adoption of SOS by non-technical data providers.
- Software Engineer for the OpenIOOS web portal and ocean modeling test bed demonstrating that standards enable innovation in developing an integrated ocean observing system.