Findings from the Field Teacher Professional Learning Opportunity10 AM–11 AM | Online | Private
Learn how your students can contribute scientific observations to a journal of environmental research. Join us online and in-person.
Join us for a combination of independent work, online meetings, and an in-person field day, that will guide you through developing scientific observations with your students. Learn about resources, tools, and processes to support students in making meaningful observations, writing and review, and submitting Nature Notes for publication in GMRI’s Findings from the Field.
Join us for two morning online meetings and one in-person field day:
- Monday, August 16, 10am: Online meeting
- Tuesday, August 17, 10:00 am: Wolfe's Neck State Park, Freeport, ME
- Friday, August 20, 10am: Online meeting
Note: Our field days in Rockport and Presque Isle have been postponed. We look forward to field days in these areas in the fall.
What participation looks like:
- Engage in authentic science work as your learners would
- Share reflections and plans for implementation with other educators
- Participate in two online meetings (Monday, August 16 and Friday, August 20)
- Join us for in-person fieldwork at one of the times and locations listed above, or choose to do fieldwork in your own area
- Provide feedback through short surveys
Benefits to participation:
- Connections to other educators
- Full curriculum resources ready to carry into the classroom
- $150 stipend, travel reimbursement
All GMRI staff and participants at in-person gatherings agree follow current CDC health and safety guidelines.
Note: Due to recent developments in COVID19, we are asking that all participants wear masks at our in-person outdoor events.