Self Paced Teacher Professional Learning Experience - Findings12 AM–12 AM | Online | Public
Join this self-paced professional learning opportunity to learn how your students can contribute to a journal of environmental research.
Students across Maine and New Hampshire, including students working from home this spring, are enhancing their science learning through their participation in the Findings from the Field scientific community. This journal of students' ecological and environmental research features a format focused on developing scientific observations, the Nature Note. Join us in a self-paced professional learning opportunity that takes you through the steps your students will experience when creating a Nature Note. This will prepare you to run the Nature Note curriculum in your class and contribute to the Findings community through engagement in resources and reflective thinking.
What participation looks like:
- Engage in authentic science work as your learners would
- Share reflections and plans for implementation
- Participate in two 15 minute meet-ups throughout the course of the spring
- Provide feedback through short surveys
Benefits to participation:
- Connections to other educators
- Opportunities to unplug, get outside, and participate in authentic science