We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, understand how visitors use our Site, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Our server does not recognize visitors' email addresses, and we do not set any cookies. Cookies refer to unique packets of information that a server can transfer to a visitor's computer.
Site visitors may be asked to give other information, such as a mailing address, a phone number, and credit card information, in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website and our ability to share important information with our constituents. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify visitors of these changes. Visitors who have voluntarily provided contact information using the site will be notified before we use their data for any new purposes, and they will be given the opportunity to opt out of these new uses.
The Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI) website operates under the Creative Commons License Policy (CC License) as stated below, with a few notable exceptions. Throughout our site, we may use content and images which are the legal property of other organizations or individuals, are protected by copyrights owned by them, and are not the property of GMRI and thus not subject to our CC License.Those items which are copyright protected by third parties are noted within the site and any use or reproduction of that content and those images must be coordinated through the legal copyright holder, not GMRI.
Creative Commons License:
Subject to the restrictions noted above, you are free:
- to Share - to copy, distribute, display, and perform content available on this site (the Work) under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the Work to the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (but not in any way that suggests we endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use the Work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon the Work.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this Work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from GMRI.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts GMRIs moral rights.