Culinary Partners share a commitment to supporting responsibly harvested seafood from the Gulf of Maine and improving the overall sustainability of their businesses.
More specifically, Culinary Partners commit to the following:
- Always offering Gulf of Maine seafood on the menu.
- At least one Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested species on the menu at all times.
- A minimum of 20% of offered seafood items are from the Gulf of Maine region.
- Educating themselves and their customers about seafood sustainability.
- Staying up to date on Gulf of Maine fisheries and aquaculture issues through educational resources and events from GMRI.
- Share seafood sourcing and sustainability information with customers.
- Improving the sustainability of their operations.
- Setting and working towards annual goals to minimize their environmental footprint (e.g., transitioning to biodegradable cleaning supplies; starting a recycling and/or compost program; increasing use of clean energy).
GMRI provides Culinary Partners access to:
- Events including GMRI-hosted workshops, campaigns, and GMRI’s annual Seafood Celebration
- Educational materials and information (including a monthly e-newsletter, species information cards, and one-on-one advising from available GMRI staff).
- Public visibility on GMRI’s website, social media, and earned media outlets.
- A community of restaurateurs who have a common interest in sustainable seafood and local sourcing.
Visit Our Culinary Partners
As you plan where to have your next meal out, please consider visiting one of these culinary leaders and enjoying Gulf of Maine seafood.
The cold, clean waters of the Gulf of Maine produce some of the best seafood in the world. Fine dining restaurants like Portland's own Five …
Voices of the Gulf of Maine
As COVID-19 has spread across the world, our country, and now New England, it has left no part of the economy untouched. Small businesses, especially, …
On a Thursday evening in late April, over 200 guests joined us for our fourth annual Seafood Celebration. Attendees enjoyed Gulf of Maine seafood prepared …
The ability of coastal communities to thrive in the coming years will depend in large part on our ability to grow a diverse seafood economy. …