Culinary Partners share a commitment to supporting responsibly harvested seafood from the Gulf of Maine and improving the overall sustainability of their businesses.
More specifically, Culinary Partners commit to the following:
- Always offering Gulf of Maine seafood on the menu.
- At least one Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested species on the menu at all times.
- A minimum of 20% of offered seafood items are from the Gulf of Maine region.
- Educating themselves and their customers about seafood sustainability.
- Staying up to date on Gulf of Maine fisheries and aquaculture issues through educational resources and events from GMRI.
- Share seafood sourcing and sustainability information with customers.
- Improving the sustainability of their operations.
- Setting and working towards annual goals to minimize their environmental footprint (e.g., transitioning to biodegradable cleaning supplies; starting a recycling and/or compost program; increasing use of clean energy).
GMRI provides Culinary Partners access to:
- Events including GMRI-hosted workshops, campaigns, and GMRI’s annual Seafood Celebration
- Educational materials and information (including a monthly e-newsletter, species information cards, and one-on-one advising from available GMRI staff).
- Public visibility on GMRI’s website, social media, and earned media outlets.
- A community of restaurateurs who have a common interest in sustainable seafood and local sourcing.
Visit our Culinary Partners
List of Culinary Partners
- Andy's Old Port Pub
- Becky's Diner
- Black Point Inn
- Black Trumpet Bistro
- Boone's Fish House and Oyster Bar
- Churchill Events
- Cliff House Maine — Nubb's Lobster Shack
- Cliff House Maine — The Tiller Restaurant
- Dock's Seafood
- Eventide Oyster Co.
- Evo Kitchen + Bar
- Federal Jack's Restaurant and Brew Pub
- Fore Street Restaurant
- King Eider's Pub
- Luke's Lobster
- O' Oysters Mobile Food Cart
- Portland Lobster Co.
- Robert's Maine Grill
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. — Bangor
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. — Broadway, South Portland
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. — Camden
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. — Western Ave, South Portland
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. — Topsham
- Sea Glass Restaurant at Inn by the Sea
- Shade at Higgins Beach Inn
- The Highroller Lobster Co.
- The Honey Paw
The cold, clean waters of the Gulf of Maine produce some of the best seafood in the world. Fine dining restaurants like Portland's own Five …
Voices of the Gulf of Maine
As COVID-19 has spread across the world, our country, and now New England, it has left no part of the economy untouched. Small businesses, especially, …
On a Thursday evening in late April, over 200 guests joined us for our fourth annual Seafood Celebration. Attendees enjoyed Gulf of Maine seafood prepared …
The ability of coastal communities to thrive in the coming years will depend in large part on our ability to grow a diverse seafood economy. …