Restaurants, retailers, and institutions can only use the Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested label on seafood purchased from a seafood supplier licensed to participate in our program. This empowers consumers to feel confident that the seafood they are purchasing is traceable back to the Gulf of Maine region. See the map below for our business Affiliates currently selling Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested seafood.
Find Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested Seafood Near You
Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested Champions
Champions are Affiliates that have achieved extraordinary goals. To become a Champion, an Affiliate has reached one of the following goals:
- 100% of the white fish they purchase is Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested.
- They always have Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested seafood on their campus, on their restaurant’s menu, or in their stores.
Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested Affiliates
GMRI is proud to have the businesses and institutions listed below as Affiliates in our Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested program. Through the participating schools, over 100,000 students are seeing the label in dining halls and cafeterias around the Northeast. We thank our Affiliates for giving their students, staff, visitors, and customers the option to choose traceable, responsibly harvested seafood from the Gulf of Maine.
- Bowdoin College
- Central Maine Medical Center
- Colby College
- Docks Seafood
- Maine College of Art
- Maine Maritime Academy
- Shipyard (family of restaurants)
- Southern Maine Community College
- Thomas College
- Unity College
- University of New England
- University of Maine (all campuses, excluding Orono)
- New Hampshire and Massachusetts
- Boston College
- Chicopee (MA) public school system
- Harvard University
- Perkins School For the Blind
- Phillips Exeter Academy
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Center
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of New Hampshire
- Wellesley College
- The Abbey Group
Eating sustainably can feel difficult — especially when it comes to seafood. Every day, consumers face tough choices in the grocery store and at their …
Gulf of Maine, Explained
Here are five simple steps you can take to support the people and businesses who work so hard to provide us with delicious local seafood.
In their efforts to build demand for responsibly harvested seafood from the Gulf of Maine, our Seafood team works throughout the bioregion. They work with …
In early December, GMRI partnered with the Museum of Science to co-host a two-day conference in Boston. Together, the organizations convened a diverse range of …